In June, a call was posted here and on Facebook where I was searching for bands – or individual musicians – who have The Spotnicks music as a guiding star and who want to share why they are stucked to this genre and how you do to carry this music forward.
It was Kent Brännlund who came up with the idea.
As a former Spotnicks member and now one of the musicians in A Tribute To The Spotnicks, he is one of many culture bearers who carry on this unique music genre.
He, like me – and hopefully many more – thinks it would be interesting to inform about who else keeps the Spotnicks music alive (more important now than ever!).
So far six bands have responded to the call. Hopefully more will get in touch!
Received entries are presented further down the page.
Your contributions should include the following:
• Name and picture and ”domicile” (city/town)
• Names (and perhaps also age) of participating musicians and their instruments
• Information about other equipment that may be of interest for others to read about
• What made you start playing The Spotnicks music
• How long you have been playing this type of music
• Which songs are your absolute favorites
• How you bring your music to others
You are also welcome to tell us if you have any special memory with The Spotnicks that you want to share.
I can publish some audio files on the website with your permission.
Any videos will only be published if they can be linked to YouTube or similar.
Does this sound interesting? In that case, send your contributions!
Send your contributions by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t forget to let me know if your contact details may be published or not!
I take the liberty to edit the content so that it is suitable for publication and I also translate into Swedish if time permits.